I’m planning to start an online Masters course in Autumn and I’d like to live in Spanish-speaking countries and become fluent alongside my studies. I’m at B1 competency level (albeit a bit rusty) and would like to get to C1 in six months or so. My Masters will take up 2-3 days a week so plenty of time for language courses and immersion.
I’d prefer secure private rooms in either a friendly and cheap hostel or AirBnB to having my own apartment.
– Strong and reliable wifi connection
– Good quality Spanish lessons available nearby. If it comes to it I can arrange lessons via Skype but in person would be preferred
– Friendly community for immersion opportunities (ie not somewhere that everyone speaks English or it’s impossible to make friends).
– Politically stable
– Safe for a solo female with a laptop
– Near the coast
– Decent expat scene so I’m not just hanging out with drunk backpackers
– Good travel links
– Yoga and surfing nearby
Any suggestions for places that’d fit the bill, with expected living costs if possible? I’d be looking to spend 1-2 months in each place. Many thanks!
submitted by /u/TemporaryCity